The Lawrence County Library is a tax-supported institution providing public library service to the citizens of Lawrence County through a library headquartered in Walnut Ridge and branches located in Lynn and Imboden. It is governed by a Board of Trustees, which is composed of five members who are appointed by the County Judge.
The library serves people of all ages and from all walks of life. Special materials and services are provided for culturally and educationally deprived persons. The library augments its collection when requested, and supplements those of other libraries in the area.
The library is a cooperating agency, interacting with schools, colleges, universities, and community action programs. It also acts as an information and recreation center for the public. Present are an ever-increasing number of students: from grade schools to high schools all over the County; from Williams Baptist College; from Arkansas State
University in Jonesboro; and Black River Technical College in Pocahontas, all of whom use the library when doing research work.
The library has established a record of service within Lawrence County, and strives to continue to meet the needs of its patrons.
Did You Know?
* You can recheck your books by telephone- Call 870-886-3222 and have your library card handy.
* You can reserve popular book titles. There is a list provided at the front desk of new and future releases the library has aquired. We will be happy to assist you.
* The library has 17 public access computers with internet availability, and one Early Literacy Station for children ages 2-12. We also have Free Wi-Fi!
* You can sign up for a library card for free! Just provide a valid photo id and proof of current address.
* Snacks and beverages are available for purchase at our Snack Bar.
* We have books on tape for children and adults: cassettes, CD, and electronic playing devices. We also boast a large DVD collection.
* The Lawrence County Library has fishing poles available to be checked out by patrons.
* Free Family Movie Nights! Refreshments are provided for the children. Stop by the library or give us a call for our monthly movie schedule.